Did you know that people that sit most of the day will often sleep in a side lying position with their legs positioned similar to sitting.
If this sounds like you, it may be time to start stretching your hip flexors.
Give this stretch a try:
- Start in a kneeling position.
- Step your left foot out flat on the floor keeping your foot out further than your knee.
- Lean forward with your right knee stretched back behind you.
- Place your hands on the front thigh just above the knee and push away arching the body back (you can do this next to a chair to help your balance if you need it).
- Repeat this to the other side.
Start with a short session and hold the position with a moderate stretch. Gradually, increase the duration and intensity of the stretch over time.